The popularity of foot tattoos is sweeping the United States by a storm. More and more people, mainly women are wanting to get their foot tattooed. So one may wonder why are foot tattoos getting so popular and why is every one wanting one. Well to begin with foot tattoos are just cool. Think about it if you thought your foot was a little ugly or your simply don’t like feet, adding some ink to that area automatically makes it cool. Another reason why they have gotten so popular is that they are exclusive and quite distinctive. Lastly, a foot tattoo adds to your foot a touch of unmistakable sex appeal and attractiveness.
So if you are considering getting a foot tattoo, you may want to follow these 10 aftercare tips.
1. First and foremost only get one foot tattooed at a time. Foot tattoos are considered to be more painful and your will more than likely experience some swelling of your foot. These swelling may cause you difficulty in walking the first few days.
2. Make sure you clear your schedule so you don’t have to wear shoes the rest of the day after you get the tat and the day after. If you have to wear shoes makes sure to wear flip flops or sandals. You want to refine from covering your tattooed area with a shoes, flip flop or sandal.
3. You may want to have a designate driver depending on what foot your get tattooed. It maybe uncomfortable or painful for you to press down on the pedals depending on what foot your get tattooed.
4. It is very important to go straight home or to a place where you can prop your feet up and elevate your tattooed foot to help decrease the swelling. It is also a good idea to apply ice to your foot as often as you can.
5. If you have to work after getting your tattoo and you sit at a desk be sure to try and elevate your foot as much as you can and if you work on your feet be sure to take as many breaks as you can and elevate your foot.
6. It is a good idea to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water. Also some experts say to cut down on your sodium intake as well.
7. At the end of the day be sure to prop your feet up and apply some ice for a few hours.
8. It is normal to experience ups and downs with a foot tattoo. Some mornings your foot will feel fine other mornings it maybe real sore and hurt to put pressure on it.
9. Be sure to watch your tattoo carefully to make sure it is not getting infected. While minor swelling and redness is perfectly normal during the first week, excessive swelling, redness or pain accompanied by oozing or skin that is hot to the touch may indicate an infection. Foot infections can turn very bad very quickly and need to be treated immediately.
10. Lastly, be sure to get your exercise. Mild aerobic exercise that gets your heart pumping and increases your circulation can actually help with healing. Lack of oxygen and blood circulation slows down the healing process.
Please note that not all of these tips will apply to everyone that gets a foot tattoo. It’s just the general rule of thumb to follow if you start to experience any swelling. It is also just some good information to have just in case.
Your Tattoo Friend
Here are some great Tattoo Designs you can check out!