It is quit apparent that some people do not make the best decisions when it comes to picking out a tattoo design. This is why a tattoo should not be an impulse buy and you should actually give it a lot of thought. Well wouldn’t be great if you had your own little tattoo artist or expert to talk to about what are the top tattoo mistakes that people make? Well you are in luck! Kat Von D and her crew at LA Ink have composed a list of the top five tattoo mistakes that people make. Hopefully, you can take what they say to heart and don’t end up having a tattoo mistake your self.
1. “Be careful not to get something too small or where it doesn’t fit that part of the body well.”
For instance getting a tiny tattoo in a bigger part of your body. But do not go overboard with the size either.
2. “Good tattoos aren’t cheap and cheap tattoos aren’t good. Far too many times, people choose an artist based on price. That should be the last priority on your list when it comes to getting a tattoo.”
“Don’t look for a bargain!”
This is the best piece of advise out there. You honestly get what you pay for.
3. “Don’t be overly romantic. Sorry, that tattoo is going to out last most relationships — much as I hate to say it.”
“I don’t think lovers’ names are a good thing.”
This is another invaluable tip that everyone should pay close attention to. Getting a tattoo of a lover’s name often jinxes your relationship. So be careful.
4. “Try not to be arbitrary or impulsive — you might regret getting Taz flipping the bird and drinking a beer later.”
Remember that tattoo you got maybe cool when you are young but as you age it may be more embarrassing.
5. “Biggest mistake … being drunk.”
“Being drunk leads to the other mistakes on the list.”
This is another great tip. You should not have any alcohol in your system when getting tattooed. It can cause the tattoo to come out bad due to the fact that you will bleed more.
Take these 5 great tips from LA Ink to heart when thinking about getting a tattoo and you should have no regrets later on down the road.
Your Tattoo Friend
Here are some great Tattoo Designs you can check out!