Contrary to what a lot of people think you do actually have to take care of your tattoo. You don’t just go to the tattoo parlor get your ink and walk away and not have to do anything to your new tattoo. There are a few steps that need to be taken to take care of your new tat as well as some maintenance that should be done to them on a daily basis to ensure your tattoo stays vibrant and as new as possible.
Below is a brief list of what you should do to care for your new tattoo.
1. Always, always wash your hands before you touch your new tattoo. You don’t want to get any kind of germs or bacteria in your tat.
2. Wash your new tattoo a few times a day with a very gentle soap, like Johnson and Johnson’s baby soap. Apply the soap to your tat with a clean finger and rub it in gently. Then rinse your tat over lukewarm water. Never ever rub your tattoo dry. You can pat it dry very gently with a soft towel or just let it air dry.
3. Be sure to apply neosporin to your tattoo with a clean finger at least twice a day. This will help your tattooto heal faster.
4. Most importantly, do no pick your tattoos scab. Yes it will itch but if you pick your scab and scratch it it will ruin the tattoo. You need to let the scab fall off on it’s own.
5. After your tattoo is completely healed apply lotion to it at least once a day to make sure it stays moisturized. If you follow this routine every day your tattoo will remain soft and smooth and the color will stay vibrant longer.
6. Always cover up your tattoo when in the sun and make sure you wear a sunblock of at least 45. And never ever expose a new tat to the sun!
Your Tattoo Friend
Here are some great Tattoo Designs you can check out!