There are a ton of questions that people have when it comes to tattoos and tattooing. Many people are not educated on the subject and are just plan curious, while others want to know what they are getting themselves into once they have decided to get a tattoo. Before you have decided to get a tattoo there are a few things that you should be aware of just so you have a better understanding of what to except, how to care for it, what not to do and what to do.
1. Does it hurt? This all really depends on you. Every person has a different pain tolerance so you may not experience any pain while another person getting a tattoo in the same location will. The only thing that is certain is that you will feel some pain and some discomfort. It may feel like you are being stung by several bees at once or it might feel like a hot scratching feeling. Just be prepared for a little discomfort.
2. Is it ok to get a tattoo when you are sick? This is a no brainier. When you are sick you immune system is not at 100% working order. You’re going to need your strength and your white blood cells to heal your tattoo, this is something that your body won’t be able to do if it’s already trying to fight off a virus and or bacteria. So that is a red flag not to get a tattoo. Having a good immune system is what helps heal your tattoo and fight off any unwanted germs. After all a tattoo is an open skin wound that can get infected like a cut.
3. How much do they cost? Tattoos do not come cheap and it really all depends on the size, shape, color and detail of your tattoo. Just be prepared to hand over a good chunk of change when getting a tattoo. Also never try to haggle with a tattoo artist, it is very disrespectful as well as rude.
4. Should I tip the artist? Yes you should. Believe it or not tattoo artist only be paid a percentage of every tattoo they do. It’s kind of like a water at a restaurant. They pretty much rely on their tips. So try to tip them anywhere from 10 to 20%.
5. I got a tattoo on my leg is it ok to shave? If you are a woman this is a great question. Your tattoo artist will shave the area before they give you the tattoo, but you should not shave you new tattoo until it is healed up usually any where from 5 to 10 days. However, it is ok to shave around your tattoo just not over your tattoo.
6. Is it ok to lay out in the sun or go to a tanning bed. This would be a big fat NO! The sun is a tattoos worst enemy. You should stay clear of the sun for several weeks after you get your tattoo.
Just keep in mind if you have any questions about the tattoo process or anything else feel free to ask your tattoo artist. They will be more than happy to answer your questions.
Your Tattoo Friend
Here are some great Tattoo Designs you can check out!