Just with anything in the world myths get born about certain people, places, procedures, life in general and tattoo are no exception to that either. There are several tattoo myths out there that need to be debunked. People need to be properly infomred of the truths about these myths and that some of them are complete hogwash.
1. The number one myth is that tattoos hurt. While this is true, some people hype it up to make people think it’s like giving child birth. The bottom line is, tattoos do hurt some and you will experience some level of discomfort but its nothing like having a child.
2. Tattoos bleed a lot. This is true and false. You will expereince some bleeding when getting a tattoo. However, the outline of the tattoo should rarely bleed, the shading of the tat is what bleeds and it will only bleed up to 5 or 10 minutes. Once you leave the shop your tattoo will have stopped bleeding.
3. The tattoo needle that is used is a single needle. This is false. Tattoo guns come with needles that are clustered together and soldered in to groups of odd numbers: 3, 5, 7, etc.
4. Old tattoos turn blue. This is false, However, if you received a tattoo in the 50’s or 60’s you may experience this. Tattoo ink has improved greatly since then. Your tattoo will not turn blue.
5. Lighter color ink hurts more. This is a misconcpetion. Lighter color ink does not hurt more. The reason people beleive this is because the lighter colors are often applied last when the skin is the most sensitive.
Your tattoo Friend
Here are some great Tattoo Designs you can check out!