It may come many as a surprise that your actually need to take of your tattoo not only after you have just gotten it but for the rest of your life. After all once you decided to get a tattoo your are making a life time commitment to your tattoo and you should continue to care for it years down the road. Many people are not aware of this and because of this their tattoo may not seem as vibrant and will most definitely fade. The steps that it takes to preserve your tattoo is nothing tendency and can be done in a matter of a minute or two. If you follow the below steps you should never have to worry about your tattoo looking dull or fading.
1. The number one after care tip for your tattoo is to keep it out of the direct sunlight as often as possible. If you are going to be in the sun be sure to put a high SPF sunscreen like 45 or 50 on it and be sure to reapply as needed. Also never ever expose your brand new tattoo to the direct sun.
2. It is important not to go swimming, get in a hot tube or take a bath after getting a new tattoo. This can cause it to not heal properly and can cause fading to occur.
3. Be sure to keep your tattoo moisturized for the rest of your life. Take two seconds in the morning after you get out of the shower and apply some lotion to your tattoo. Some people recommend using Vaseline to help from fading.
4. It is very important not to shave any areas where you have gotten a tattoo for at least 30 days after those 30 days you can but be carefully and try not to cut yourself.
5. When your tattoo is healing make sure you only touch it with clean hands.
6. Your tattoo will itch after you have gotten it and it is healing. It is very important to not pick or scratch at your tattoo. This will cause the scab to fall off your tattoo and your tattoo could end up having a bunch of white dots in it.
Your Tattoo Friend
Here are some great Tattoo Designs you can check out!